top of page

How to notify UKVI about a change of circumstances

If your personal details or circumstances have changed since your last application or grant of permission to stay in the UK, you will normally be required to notify UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) by completing the relevant form.

Examples of the type of changes which you should notify UKVI of:

Personal or Contact Details

This includes changes to your legal name, nationality, sex, passport details, mobile number, email address or home address. You should also notify UKVI if your relationship with your British or migrant partner has ended.

Criminal Convictions

For information on criminal convictions, including custodial and non-custodial sentences, click here.

Representative's Details

If your legal representative's details were provided in an previous application but have since changed, or you want to notify UKVI of a new representative.

Dependants' Details

This includes any changes to your dependant's legal name, nationality, passport details, sex, or home address.

How to notify UKVI of a mistake on your BRP

If you have been granted permission to enter or stay in the UK and your new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) contains an error, you must report it within 10 days of collection. Details of how to do this will be found on your letter or email confirming your application was successful. You can also use this link to report it online.


If you are unsure if you have to notify UKVI of a change in your circumstances, or you need help to complete the form, contact us today for guidance.


bottom of page