top of page
Skilled Worker Visa

Skilled Worker Visa

Skilled Worker Visa
Play Video

The Skilled Worker route is part of the UK's Points-Based System (PBS) for immigration.  This route (previously known as Tier 2) is a visa category for people to work in the UK. Eligible applicants must have a job offer from a UK employer and a valid certificate of sponsorship. The job offer must be in an eligible skilled occupation code, come with the appropriate salary, and meet minimum requirements for the job. Applicants must also pass a points-based assessment (70 points) and meet English language requirements.

The Skilled Worker visa is designed for workers in skilled occupations and requires the worker to have a job offer from a UK employer that holds a valid sponsor license and is willing to sponsor them.


To be eligible, applicants must score enough points in a points-based assessment, which assesses their qualifications, skills, and experience in relation to the job offered. They must also meet the minimum salary requirement for the job and the minimum skill level for the occupation. Additionally, applicants must pass a mandatory English language test and have enough savings to support themselves without relying on public funds.


The Skilled Worker visa is subject to minimum salary thresholds and skill level requirements, which are periodically reviewed and updated. Once the applicant has a valid visa, they can work and live in the UK for a period of up to five years, after which they may be eligible to apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain).

Applicants will need a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer who holds a valid sponsor license.

To obtain a certificate of sponsorship, these steps must be followed:

  1. Job offer: You must have a genuine job offer from a UK employer in an eligible skilled occupation.

  2. Sponsor license: The UK employer must hold a valid sponsor license and be willing to sponsor you.

  3. Certificate of Sponsorship allocation: The UK employer can allocate a certificate of sponsorship to you through their sponsor management system.

  4. Points-based assessment: You must score enough points in a points-based assessment to be eligible for the Skilled Worker visa. The assessment takes into account factors such as qualifications, skills, and experience, and the job offer.


Once you have a valid certificate of sponsorship, you can use it to apply for a Skilled Worker visa and come to the UK to work.

Are you interested in making an application?

Use this form to fill in your information and one of our partners will get in touch to discuss your needs.

Thanks for your message.

We will aim to reply to you within 1 working day.

bottom of page